BB’s Bath Robe

IMG_9763

Sorry for the poor lighting, I had to snap these just before bath time.

Another thing I made a while ago!  I had it all finished except for one sleeve where I needed to sew down the lining and that meant this cute little robe had to hibernate for a good three months.  Procrastination is my middle name!  The pattern is from MADE.  It’s a great pattern that comes in multiple sizes and is very customizable.  I already knocked one of these up out of fleece for B last winter, but it was very shoddy, quick work and not something I feel like sharing here.

IMG_9777 IMG_9775

This was made from a cheap Ikea bath towel, like Dana from MADE recommends.  I made my own bias tape from yellow flannel and decided to add in the flannel lining in the hood and sleeves at the last minute.  The flannel has bees on it!  I thought I was going to run out of bias tape actually, which is why I chose to line the sleeves rather than finish them with the bias tape too.  It’s a bit hasty in places and my bias binding isn’t great, but she’ll grow out of it so fast it felt silly to rip anything out to fix it.  I also wish I’d covered the seam between the hood and the body of the robe.  Oh well, I’ll just have to improve as I make more.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s